Thursday 4 August 2011

Make Your Own Soda

Do you like fizzy drinks? Here we call it 'ginger', you might know it as soda or pop!
Fizzy drinks are expensive!!! We have tried cheaper versions, but honestly.. hand on heart it is one thing that I cannot stand to 'downshift'.

Until now.....

Our Supermarket sells 2 litre bottles of mineral water for £0.17. I ordered 4 this week , but... I accidently choose sparkling water. No-one in the house likes fizzy water, so I was prepared to take a £0.68 wastage. But then My husband suggested adding cordial.

So my son decided to try it out. He added a little bit of Asda smartprice orange squash to a glass of sparkling water and it tastes EXACTLY like Orange Fanta or Tango!

He thinks its great because he is not allowed soda as it irritates his stomach, but this he can have!!! We have tried it with lemon squash, blackcurrant squash and lime cordial. They are all great. You could also add fresh fruit juice!

I estimate one bottle of squash would make around 16 bottles so it works out at £0.20 per 2 litre bottle of soda! Last time I looked Fanta was about £1.45 so thats a huge saving!.. If only I could perfect Irn Bru, darn that secret ingredient!

No comments:

Post a Comment