Tuesday 2 August 2011

Tortilla Pizzas

I am deviating from the meal plan today for two reasons. First, I forgot to leave out the mince from the freezer for cottage pie, and second the hubby is sick and doesn't want a heavy meal like cottage pie. BUT, the great thing about meal planning is i can just grab a different meal from this week and cook it instead!! Tomorrow was Tortilla Pizza which is great as it's a quick meal, and snack style. In fact I think I should have put it down for wednesday anyway.. WHY? did I choose a high prep meal for TaeKwonDo night?

These are super easy to make, great for kids and also work for lunch or a snack! I use warburtons square wraps, but any type of wraps will work, the thicker the better!

Ingredients

Warburton Square Wraps (1 per person)
Mozerella Cheese
Tinned Tomatoes
Mixed Herbs
choice of pizza topping
Grated Cheese

Method

  • Preheat oven to 200 degrees
  • Lay out wraps on baking trays
  • Mix together chopped tomatoes and mixed herbs
  • Spoon the tomato mixture over the wraps - you can freeze anything left and use in pasta or more pizzas
  • add your pizza toppings (mine had ham and onion and the boys had pepperoni)
  • slice mozerella and scatter over the wraps
  • add a little grated cheese to fill the gaps
  • Bake for 10 mins
  • Slice and serve with left over salad leaves
This is really quick and easy, you can make it a rainy day activity too and have everyone make their own pizza, great for buffets too! Pizza is also a fantastic way to use up leftovers. We have tried loads of things. I might do a post about pizza soon.

WeightWatchers Points for my ham and onion pizza were 12pp - you can reduce this by using low fat cheese or less cheeese, I loaded mine with 60g of mozerella and 10g of cheddar as I had loads of points left today.

COST - £0.85 per pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment