Thursday 4 August 2011

When things don't go to plan

Twice this week I have deviated from the meal plan. I just wanted to write a post about this and let anyone doing meal planning for the first time that this is ok. Just switch your meal with another day. Sometimes things happen that mean plans change. For me, there were a few reasons for changes. Firstly I forgot on Monday to defrost mince for Tuesday's cottage pie. Now I could have done a microwave defrost, but my husband was sick and I was at Tae Kwon Do with my son, usually on a Tuesday my husband will start dinner. So it was easier just to do a quick and easy meal on Tuesday, so we took the Tortilla Pizzas from Wednesday, thinking we'd just have cottage pie the next day. However, my stirfry mix and noodles needed used by 3rd, so I figure why not make that on Wednesday and shift the meal that was safe in the freezer! That's the good thing about planning. You have the ingredients there, so you can just switch, I haven't updated my meal planner online, but the one on the fridge I just marked up as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment